An asphalt roof in Kitchener-Waterloo is an economical choice for your home. Asphalt shingles perform well in cold climates, and they last significantly longer than in hot climates. Thanks to modern production methods, asphalt roofing materials come in a wide variety of colors and styles, and are available in upgraded forms that provide improved performance and durability.
Why Choose Asphalt Shingles?
- Easy On Your Budget – Basic asphalt shingles are the most economical option available. Because of the simplified installation of asphalt shingles, the installation cost is also less than other roofing materials. Upgraded versions like laminated or architectural and premium asphalt shingles offer a wider variety of styles, and are more durable and offer even longer warranties.
- Light Weight – Because asphalt roofing is so lightweight, any sound roof structure should be able to support their weight with no modifications. Heavier weight materials can add unnecessary stress to your roof’s supporting structures and shorten the useful life of its members.
- Faster Turn-Around – Since asphalt is the most commonly used roofing material, suppliers tend to keep more varieties on stock in larger quantity, which, in many cases, eliminates the need to wait for a custom order. Faster installation means you and your family can get back to enjoying your home in peace sooner, too!
- Improved Fire Resistance – When you opt forfiberglass asphalt shingles, which are more commonly used today, you get significantly better protection against fire than their predecessors, organic asphalt shingles, could offer.
- Better Warranties – If you are re-roofing now, you should know things have changed a lot since the last time you went through this process. Because the materials are better than previous versions, the manufacturers now offer much better warranties than before. Depending on the specific material and manufacturer you choose, you may even have the option for a lifetime warranty.
- Premium Looks Add Value–Architectural asphalt shingles are thicker than basic ones, so they are more resistant to wind damage and provide a little more insulation, but they can also give you the look of a shake or slate roof, without the hefty price tag. Dozens of colors and patterns are available, so you can choose the perfect one for your home’s current look, or use your roof renovation as the start of a total makeover for your home. Your home gets a boost in curb appeal and resale value, while you keep more money in the bank.
Choose Your Contractor Wisely
You will want a local expert to install your asphalt roof in Kitchener-Waterloo. The Roofman has been in business in Ontario for 35 years. We are certified installers of premium brands like GAF, Duradek, Firestone, and more. When you hire The Roofman, you’re hiring an insured and licensed contractor whose installers are fully trained professionals. Contact us today for a free consultation and estimate on your roofing project.