Putting a new roof on your business is an important process that warrants careful consideration to a range of critical details. Materials, application and style are just some of the many factors you’ll have to think about before making your final decision. However, before you can move forward in the process, you have to first make the most crucial decision of all: choosing the right commercial roofer in Kitchener to manage your project.
Screening Through The Masses To Find The Right Commercial Roofer In Kitchener
When you’re ready to begin the process of finding the right commercial roofer in Kitchener, it’s important to understand some key ways to screen through the masses and find a contractor worthy of your business. When beginning the process, follow these eight helpful tips to designate a quality team of professionals.
1. Location matters: Using a local commercial roofer in Kitchener for your project can yield a multitude of benefits. Your close proximity will make getting to your property easy, even when weather conditions don’t cooperate. Plus, a local contractor firm will want to ensure your complete satisfaction at all times to ensure their reputation remains untarnished.
2. Experience also matters: Not only should you look for a local team of roofers, but you should also look for a team of local contractors that have a proven track record of experience. Working with a new business can mean that your project requires expertise and efficiency that they simply don’t have.
3. Don’t choose on price alone: Different contractors will price out their projects differently. It’s important to understand how everything is itemized as well as the type of materials each team will use; oftentimes a lower price can be due simply to using substandard materials.
4. Interview in person: Meeting with your potential commercial roofer in Kitchener is a great way to get a feel for the team’s industry knowledge as well as have all of your questions answered so you can feel comfortable moving forward.
5. Require credentials: As the property owners, it’s important to know that your assets are protected at all times; when meeting with a commercial roofer in Kitchener ask to see their certificate of insurance. Also inquire about worker’s compensation insurance and general liability.
6. Ask for references: A good way to know that you’re teaming with a top quality team is not by asking them…it’s by asking their previous customers. Ask for a list of previous customers that they have partnered with over the past year that would provide a recommendation. When talking to previous customers, ask about job performance, quality of overall work, and if the contractors stood by their warranties if needed to get a firm understanding about how they operate.
7. Read the contract: Even if you get a fabulous in-person vibe from a team, it’s critical to thoroughly go through the contract line by line to know what you can expect throughout the process including, itemized expenses.
8. Discuss schedule: Finally, once you’ve determined which commercial roofer in Kitchener you want to work with, establish a work schedule as well as completion date. While certain unexpected variables, such as weather, can have an impact on when the job will be finished, it is important to have a general idea when the roofing system will be installed.